01 April 2005

Let's try this out...

Who are the 'bees of the invisible?' It's from a quote from Ranier Maria Rilke talking about why we (humans) exist, what our purpose on this planet in this time could be.

So, I've finally given in to certain family and friends who keep pestering me to do something towards making better choices for myself and begun this blog. How this will ultimately help me, I cannot say but, how can it hurt? My life so far isn't so inspiring and really, how many people can claim anything different? Doesn't matter - what others have or have not done with their lives isn't an excuse for mine. At any rate, supposing that makes any sense, it is my goal to live a life I can be more pleased with rather than less. Right now, I'm not sure what that means exactly. Maybe that's my problem? My imagination does not extend to dreaming up a life in which I can't see myself getting bored. Everything requires too much, asks for more than I really see myself giving...could end w/me getting hurt or losing or finding out I'm really just not all that interesting/capable/intelligent. Everything I fear tied up w/everything I want...hmmm, why is it better to continue as I am? As Shakespeare pointed out, at least this is the hell I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home