19 December 2005

No going back now

It’s done – I’ve given my notice. It was, as I suspected it might be, fairly anticlimactic with the exception of my general impression that I managed to ruin my boss’s day. I can’t say that bothers me at all…in fact it cheers me to think of it. I do regret the look of near panic on one co-worker’s face when she realized that I really had put in my notice and won’t be here for open enrollment…won’t be here even for preliminaries on open enrollment…can you feel me grinning??...because I most certainly am. It makes me happy just to think of what I won’t be going through this year!! Whoo-hoo! As it happens, another member of the team is also leaving though she’s only transferring to another department – it amounts to the same thing and I can’t help but feel some vindictive pleasure in that as well.

Otherwise, I will steadfastly ignore the little nay-sayer screaming in the back of my head about rent and hungry kitties and repossessions…it’s more than worth the touch of anxiety for the relief I feel at this moment…I don’t have to do this anymore!! I should have a party or something! Not that I have anywhere to put these partygoers but the thought is what counts, right? Happy Holidays to me and to all of you!

1 Comments:

At 20 December, 2005 06:33, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Honey! It's been a long haul for you, but the best is yet to come. I'm proud of you!Love always, Momlady

 

Post a Comment

<< Home