27 December 2005

Clean slates and goals...

“It is with a very heavy heart that I must announce that Rebecca Seifert has let me know that she has decided to end her time here at L - - - - and take her career in a different direction. Rebecca has been a valued member of our team for almost four years and she will sorely missed. I would like to wish her all the best in her future endeavors and thank her for all she has done for L - - - - and our clients over the past 3.9 years.”

The above is the announcement my manager sent out to announce my imminent departure from work…he sent it out 4 days after I gave my notice and I still can’t adequately describe how very happy it makes me…so I won’t try – 3 days left!!

Holidays have been pleasant so far – I’m very much looking forward to starting the new year with a clean slate. I have decided not to make any resolutions this year as I generally don’t stick to them in any case – I’d hate to start the year off with the certainty of failure…at least that’s the thought…that said, I do have some goals for the year regardless.

1. Find a new source of income – preferably both reliable and substantial enough to pay my bills and allow for some fun…also, something with a flexible schedule so I’m not on the 8-5, Mon-Fri grind anymore…

2. Write something and get it published

That’s it – the sum total of the goals I’m setting for 2006…plenty, I think – now that I’m looking at them!

1 Comments:

At 30 December, 2005 06:46, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Rebecca! Enjoy this time of open opportunity. Best wishes for your happiness and success.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home