30 December 2005

I'm on my way...

It’s 2:45 on my last day and I think I’m done with everything…it’s a weird-good feeling – I can hardly wait to be out of here! I think, now that this is really ending, I’m kind of sad to be saying goodbye to these people and this…familiarity…it feels strange – that’s all. I’m happy, I’m really happy but the ending of things, even some bad things, is sad.

Goodbye to 4 years of my life, to the comfort of a regular paycheck and a familiar place to go every day, to having seniority and weary contempt for the way things are here…hmmm…to happy hours and smoke breaks, holiday parties and inside jokes...to office politics and ‘being in the know’…to lunch in the break room, smelly refrigerators, bad coffee and to always being out of hot chocolate.

Hmmm…I’m smiling as I type this and I’m mostly serious. I’m done here and I think this place is done with me too but the parting of ways isn’t entirely without a sense of loss. I’m happy, I’m so happy but I’m a little sad too and I guess that’s how it should be, eh?

2 Comments:

At 30 December, 2005 18:44, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo HOoo!!! Congrats! Finally long time coming.

 
At 01 January, 2006 11:31, Blogger Rob Seifert said...

Fly free, you know you were always free to do so. Take your wings and ride the updraft!

RCS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home