05 August 2005

Kittens and Work are nowhere near as much fun as their stickers claim...who do I lodge complaints with??

I feel as though its possible I’m being punished for my unkindness in the last post. The co-worker I was bitching about is no longer w/us…well, she’s w/the Us that is the human race (at least I believe so though I’ve had no proof…) but she’s no longer w/the Us that is the company I work for. A blessing, yes, but then our plucky band was down to 3 (not counting our fearless leader). Manageable client loads on a temporary basis and then, then the powers that be decided it was time for a software upgrade and, while we’re at it, lets be sure to convert to an online enrollment system for our medical enrollments which requires an all-out audit/correction of both our and the insurance company’s files and…coincidentally enough, they must both be done now and not later and each will take all our time and focus for the next week or so...on their own…but there are 2 and which would I rather do?? Neither but, as a lowly peon, no one cares what I want. Bad enough – all the regular stuff is going undone and piling up in the meantime but, this morning….well, this morning, my favorite, most dependable co-worker tells me he’s put in his notice and now, now there are 2 (not counting our fearless leader) in our quite diminished band. This is not a manageable case load...not even temporarily, not even if I wanted too. That and the worst cramps I have ever endured have added up to a most displeasing week. On the bright side, there was free popcorn…

So, that’s my work situation…finding another method of paying the bills becomes more and more appealing as I think about it…and live this. Did I mention my review is 5 months overdue and no end in sight what with all the software conversions and such? Sigh…I hate this place sometimes…others I find it comforting if only for its familiarity…and the money…such as it is…bleh…

And that’s all I seem to have to say. Have a lovely weekend everyone…I think I may just hibernate…

Oh, did I mention my adorable, not so little anymore kitten has a chewing issue? No? Well, I went to install the wireless keyboard and mouse I aquired (see kitten chewing problem...) and discovered, not only did I need an opperational keyboard and mouse (neither of which I have-see kitten chewing problem-well, it's no problem to him... it's more like a hobby really) to actualize this dream of a wireless desktop, but that my monitor seems to have been compromised by the little brat as well. So, he chews on the wire that is permanently attached to the monitor...my lovely monitor...that no longer works and will take more time and effort and money than I feel able to throw at to fix...I could...drench the little shit for this...not that he'd care but I feel some retaliation would only be fair...cuteness only goes so far, you know?

4 Comments:

At 06 August, 2005 14:47, Blogger Rob Seifert said...

I hear tell that they're cute so we don't throttle them outright. Congratulations on the new keyboard and mouse. Remember, there's always duct tape.

RCS

 
At 07 August, 2005 10:42, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I move that we send the big bosses and the cat to the pound.

(In the post below, I don't think you're being selfish at all. If you're happy, why give that up? There's bound to be somebody who would be there/not be there as the occasion warrants. Hope you find same.)

RCS sent me over, by the by.

 
At 07 August, 2005 14:16, Blogger Weary Hag said...

Oh my. "We" are not having a good week, are "we" ? Sending you some good wishes via fiber optics. I do believe we should be able to de-teeth kittens the same way we can have them declawed. They don't need them when they get older anyway. My three cats simply inhale their food ~ no, really. It'll get better ... probably around the time you get caught up at work (I truly empathize in that regard), kitty will find some new and expensive shoes to gnaw on and will leave your computer hardware alone.

Solution: get another kitty immediately. They will teethe on each other instead of your stuff and they'll never get bored.

Nice blog ... as Arnie said, "I'll be back!"

 
At 07 August, 2005 15:10, Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

i got here through your brother's blog. ironic, i have such a medical condition and interaction with bees that I find the name of your sight intriguing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home