23 January 2006

Making lists...

I’m back. My brother has fixed my computer so that’s it’s better than useable again – I now have internet access at home and I think I’m really gonna enjoy it. I’ve decided I’ve got to make myself a schedule and force myself to stick to it. I mean – I’ve been keeping something of a schedule already – just not a terribly useful schedule. I go to bed sometime between 3 and 6 am, sleep till around noon or 1 and then spend the early afternoon lazing around not doing much of anything before going out around 3 or 4 to do whatever I’ve decided to do for the day and then I come home and…well, pretty much do whatever – usually read or watch movies…not much writing to speak of in the past 3 weeks. The original plan was to set up my days so that I had to write for at least 2 or 3 hours, exercise some and do some job-searching…that’s it but all I’ve managed to accomplish is a bit of socializing and a lot of reading and watching movies. Now that I’ve got a workable computer back, I suppose it’s time to get some work done, eh? That’s the plan, at any rate. The thought behind that then has led me to making a list and seeing how good I can be at following it. It’s one of the first things I remember learning from my mother – making lists so that you’re clear about what you’ve got to get done…so, since just wingin’ it has led me into a life of excessive leisure, I’m gonna have to start making lists so that it’s clear in my head what has to get marked off by the end of each day. Maybe this way, I won’t keep pissing away my days…at least that’s the thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home