14 June 2006

Waiting for more reading material sucks!

I’m having a hard time waiting to get my book orders from Amazon…it’s very frustrating. It would be less so if I had something I really wanted to read right now. I’ve got the newest Sharon Shinn but it’s not really grabbing me for some reason. Weird ‘cause it’s chock full of all the things I like…usually anyway. I think I’m on the dark fantasy trip at the moment – much rather read about dark magic…gothic type themes and that sort of thing than straight fantasy. Poor me…I suppose I could have just gone to the store but I know better than that. I should know better than to go to online bookstores too. I think I thought I was safe because the last time I was into that, I’d already bought everything I was interested in. There seems to have been a sort of explosion in Anita Blake type novels in the past couple years. The market suddenly woke up to the demand for these things. Laurell K Hamilton is one among many at this point. She may have been at it longer than anyone else but she’s certainly not alone anymore. All I can say is, thank god! Waiting 6 months for each new book would make me crazy. I don’t read as much as I used to but I’m going into a heavy reading phase and that needs books…I’d much rather indulge that obsession than the movie one – it seems more…educational or something…mind broadening maybe. Given the crap I tend to read, not all that mind broadening but, as I’ve maintained, there is an astounding amount of information in any book that’s well written even if the subject is somewhat less than the height of literary genius.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home