11 May 2006

Work

I'm sitting here at, of all things, my new job. HR Assistant...Tempororay Help would be more accurate. I'm very happy to be making money, not so happy to be back in an office setting. I'd be happier about it if there was any indication that this company actually wants to keep me here. The manager I'm working with is very careful not to indicate that my future here actually exists. She's leaving at the end of June and I suspect the new HR Manager will decide whether or not to keep me. The problem with that is, the longer I'm here, the more convinced I am that they need the person in this position to be bilingual. That means - not me. Benefits and HR stuff are hard enough to understand without throwing a translator into the mix. Anyway, I'm trying not to get too attached while also trying to learn as much as possible...I know I said I wasn't interested in staying in HR...however, I'm not actively opposed to it anymore either. My experience w/LMC was overwhelming negative enough by the end there to skew my perceptions significantly enough that I forgot that, once upon a time, I actually had some interest in the field. There is quite a bit involved with HR that I've never had reason to learn...so...yeah, I'm working again and feeling kinda iffy about the actual job but mostly good about the possibilities and really good about the income.

The other thing I'd forgotten about work is the relentlessness of it - it's hard to get up and work all day every day! This week, I've managed to be busy almost every night as well and I can feel myself wilting. Bleh...I really, really need to do something about my physical endurance...but what's new?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home