22 August 2005

We’re going down, we’re going down, we’re going down…

So, since Friday me and my desperate band at work are down to 2. I’m leaving. There’s no way around it, especially with all the bitching I’ve been doing to any and all who will listen! Its official! This pop-stand will be blown as soon as I find a new one with sufficient (but not over-abundant) insufficiencies to suit my need to bitch about my working conditions.

In preparation for my imminent failure to procure a better wage from my current employer, I have discovered that apparently, I updated my resume over 2 years ago to include my latest job. For some reason I was certain that it hadn’t been done…course, I suppose I could be excused for my forgetfulness – I mean, it was last updated, as I said, over 2 years ago. I find it somewhat disturbing that there’s nothing really to add to it despite those 2 years…there’s something kind of sad, to my mind, about 2 years of my life adding up to not a single change. Well, actually – I did have to update my address so I guess things haven’t been entirely as dull as it could/may seem. At any rate, it’s been polished up and is now ready to be sat at the front of the shelf with the rest of the shiny knick-knacks. We’ll see what it picks up for me, eh? J- has promised to forward it to a contact of his that he knows to be hiring…wouldn’t it be nice if I could avoid the whole round of interviews and rejections and just somehow magically find myself a new place making loads more than I do now without all the pain and suffering? It’s a dream I’ve yet to live but I still believe in the possibility…hope…it’s what keeps me going, right?

Speaking of J-, I find that I’m feeling the loss of my latest co-worker a bit more deeply than the situation really seems to merit. Course, I s’pose it could just be that I’m left with more work than can reasonably be done and less than the usual desire to do it but I think there’s more to it. I’ve really enjoyed his company and I will miss him for his own sake as much as for the work he did. Since I’ve been working in Denver, I’ve worked with all of two people that even have the first clue where I’m coming from half the time and it’s a bit wrenching to see the second of them go. Even understanding that this is the best thing for him, I can’t help feeling a bit resentful-I mean Christ! Would it kill them to stick around long enough for me to get tired of them?? Don’t they understand how hard it is to find co-workers that don’t bore one to tears??

4 Comments:

At 24 August, 2005 22:29, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So...... did you quit???????

 
At 24 August, 2005 22:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He chants " quit, quit, quit" and "write, write, write"

 
At 25 August, 2005 11:45, Blogger Rob Seifert said...

Gotta love Mr Anonymous... Sounds like a balding mutual friend of ours. I think you should be paid what you are worth and I think you to be worth a good deal more than what they are paying. They're blowing you off as long as they can. Threaten to leave and they'll offer you as much as they think they need to keep you and then you can just give them the bird and go write. That's what you love anyway. Do that. Have faith. Your friends and family are behind you.

RCS

 
At 25 August, 2005 18:04, Blogger Chipper Dip said...

Anonymous - haven't quit yet but I am actively looking for somewhere else to park my ass and earn some $'s.

Working on the raise thing but I'm past staying here any longer - even if they do pay me what I'm worth (not a frelling chance) I have a feeling this place is on it's way down and I am not going to the bottom with a ship I can't stand and won't miss!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home