27 September 2005

Are you serious?

Among the blogs I read, there is a post from one of my favorite authors that is basically a complaint that the book she’s writing now is looking to be over 1,000 pages long…now, I can understand how 1,000 pages might seem…overwhelming…but I’m coming at it from the perspective of some one who has yet to reach the 300 page mark on any work and the complaint feels a bit…ummm…what’s the word?...stupid. I would love to have 1,000 pages to work with even with the thought of having to eliminate a few – at least I’d have the story out and on paper. I know, one person’s fortune is another’s downfall and all that but, sheesh, have the grace not to complain about having more to talk about than you expected! Given her last book – we may all be regretting 1,000 pages by Christmas but that’s not really the point, is it?

1 Comments:

At 28 September, 2005 20:27, Blogger Rob Seifert said...

Page envy is a terrible thing!

RCS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home