25 January 2006

Damn cats…cat

I have just discovered a most…worrisome thing. One of my cats…I think Dynah, has apparently been using the mat around the cat box rather than the box itself. I don’t think she’s been doing it long as, the last time I cleaned the boxes, while kneeling on the mat, I didn’t get my knees wet. Tonight, I did and discovered that she’s been doing this on both mats…arrrggghhh!!!! After much creative venting, and a bit of stomping around and leveling of dirty looks at a most disinterest cat…I cleaned everything up as best I can at 2:30 in the morning…have I mentioned AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!?!?!?!?!!!!! There is nothing I’ve encountered in my everyday life that equals the sheer ickyness of cat piss for odor and I’m really, really hoping none of it has gotten into the carpet around the boxes or I’m gonna have to kill the little bitch-cat, who I love dearly, and take my chances with the life-long guilt I will be forced to endure for taking such a drastic course of action. Damn! Damn! Damn! She has never done this before, I don’t know why she’d suddenly start to do so now but it is purely unacceptable. Maybe it’s that she’s getting stiff and doesn’t like jumping into the box or maybe it’s the brat boy having taken to ambushing the girls when they’re in the box or maybe it’s just that she’s getting old and can’t be bothered…I don’t know but I can’t allow it to continue. In an effort to head this off before it becomes a bigger problem; I will replace one of the top-entry boxes with the more traditional front-entry model, disinfect the mats and find the strongest odor neutralizer I can get my hands on to soak the damn carpet in before I set the whole arrangement back up. I could strangle her but she’d look at me with those blue eyes and make me feel like an utter heal for even contemplating it…aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!! I’m watching her at I write this and she’s getting into and out of the boxes just fine….damn, damn, damn!!!

1 Comments:

At 12 February, 2006 13:05, Blogger Rob Seifert said...

They really are very much like children with motives and choices all thier own. Trying to guess those motives can be very frustrating. Remember to breathe.

RCS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home